Uncork A Passion For Wine
Join our One-Day Wine Course
WSET® Level 1: Foundation Certificate in Wines
A one-day wine course taught by Gaurav Anand, one of India’s best trained and qualified wine educators. The Course is suitable both for casual wine enthusiasts and for front-line staff involved in the selling or service of wine. Get more enjoyment out of wine by learning how to taste it and to match it with food! Wine Forays is an Approved Program Provider for Wine & Spirit Education Trust, the world leader in quality wine education and training.
At the Foundation Certificate level, you will learn about:
- The main types and styles of wine
- The main grape varieties
- The basics of wine tasting technique using the WSET® Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Describing a wine
- Storing wine correctly
- Preparing, opening and serving wine correctly including using the correct glassware.
- Identifying a faulty wine
- Food and wine matching
- Social responsibility around alcohol
You will have the opportunity to taste 10-12 wines as a part of this program.
You can download the detailed course specification document and syllabus here.
You will need to pass a 30-question multiple choice examination paper assessing your knowledge and understanding. You will need to get 21 questions correct to pass.
The course is administered and taught in India by Wine Forays. All examinations question papers are set and graded in the UK by WSET® Awards. On successful completion, you will receive a certificate and a lapel pin from WSET®. Results and certificates will be issued within 4-6 weeks of the examination date.
Rs. 10,000 all-inclusive.
Includes Student Study Guide for the Foundation Level. All wine and spirit samples used as a part of the course are included in the course fees. Lunch, tea and coffee will be served.
Booking and Refund Policy:
- The course fees needs to be paid in full in order to reserve your spot on the course. To reserve your place please send an email to email@example.com. After we have confirmed the availability of a space, you can send your payment to our address on the contact page. We accept payment by cheques and drafts.
- Please note that you need to be of the legal drinking age to attend our courses. In Delhi the legal drinking age is 25 years.
- Students can cancel their place on the course and receive a refund of the course fees paid (less a Rs. 1,000 administrative charge), two weeks prior to the course. The cancellation request must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If less than two weeks remain for the course start date, any cancellations and refunds will be at our sole discretion and will depend on circumstances. Refund requests must be made in writing.
- If Wine Forays cancels a course for any reason, we will refund the course fees to you in full within one week of the cancellation date.