Course Length: 3 full days, or six sessions of 3 hours each
This course will help you interpret wine and spirit labels, ‘look behind the label’, teach you about key grape varieties grown around the world, the different styles of wines produced and the production of spirits and liquers. This qualification is suitable for both enthusiasts and trade professionals working in the area of wine sales or service.
At the Intermediate Certificate level, you will learn about:
- The main factors that influence the main styles of wine
- The characteristics of principal grape varieties
- Using the key labeling terms on a bottle to deduce the style and flavours of wines made in key regions and from principal grape varieties
- Applying the principles of food and wine matching to the key styles of wine available
- Using the WSET® Level 2 Systematic Approach to tasting to evaluate and describe wines
- Providing information and advice on the correct storage and service of wines and spirits
- Social responsibility and legal issues around alcohol consumption
You will have the opportunity to taste 35+ wines as a part of this program.
You can download the detailed course specification document and syllabus here.
You will need to pass a 50-question multiple choice examination paper assessing your knowledge and understanding. Candidates must score a minimum of 55% to pass this examination.
The course is administered and taught in India by Wine Forays. All examinations question papers are set and graded in the UK by WSET® Awards. On successful completion, you will receive a certificate and a lapel pin from WSET®. Results and certificates will be issued within 4-6 weeks of the examination date.
Rs. 30,000 all inclusive.
Includes ‘Looking Behind the Label’ textbook for the Intermediate Certificate Level. In addition, all wine and spirit samples used as a part of the course are included in the course fees.
Booking and Refund Policy:
- The course fees needs to be paid in full in order to reserve your spot on the course.
- Students can cancel their place on the course and receive a refund of the course fees paid (less a Rs. 3,500 administrative charge), two weeks prior to the course. The cancellation request must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If less than two weeks remain for the course start date, any cancellations and refunds will be at our sole discretion and will depend on circumstances. Refund requests must be made in writing.
- If Wine Forays cancels a course for any reason, we will refund the course fees to you in full within one week of the cancellation date.